Re: Looking for FLYWHEEL ETC

To: John Bartholomew <jdb70@juts.ccc.amdahl.com>,
Subject: Re: Looking for FLYWHEEL ETC
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:54:22 -0700
John,

First thing is go and get the "How to Give Your MGB V-8
Power" book.  It's in the $25 range, and will answer a lot
of questions for you, such as the sheet metal mod you will
have to do to fit the SD1/TR-7/8 five speed into a 'B.

To connect the TR-8 five speed to the Rover:  you mate the
two together and bolt 'em up.  The TR-8 engine *is* a 3.5 (215)
Rover V-8.  Be sure however that your five speed is a TR-8
unit.  The TR-7 (most common use of that gearbox here in
the states) has the same gearbox with a different bellhousing.

Expect to spend $150 or so on a used Rover flywheel, $250 on a new
one.  There are a couple of places that supply lightweight flywheels
and so forth.

Maybe some of the other guys can answer your distributor questions.
I will be using the stock one that came with my 3.9 hotwire engine.

Check out my web site and follow the MGB V-8 link.  There's
a listing of books, suppliers, and sources, and most of all,
get that "How To" book!  It will answer a lot of questions,
and save you a lot of hassles! The best investment on any
'B V-8 conversion is research.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/