Re: MGB jack

To: Lewis Dunbar Dove <mfldd@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Subject: Re: MGB jack
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: 26 Jan 95 07:55:00 -0500
I have a jack that came with the MGA.  It appears almost
toatally unused and after painting it, it looks new.  My
father found a truck(?) jack that looks a lot like the
MG jack except it appears to have the circulating balls
rather than gears.  I suspect that it is more robust.
(You know this whole thing sounds like one of my technical
memos.  Being an engineer can surelly mess up your writing
skills !)

I was surprised to find that in our MG Registry here in Atlanta
few if any people carry a jack and spare tire.  They all carry
the flat fixing foam in a
can-----.
  The rationale is that since the
cars tend to be hobby cars, the tires tend to be in very good
shape.  The probablility of a torn-tire blow out is rare.  The
can will fix a standard flat and the abscence of a sprare tire
and jack gives a lot more trunk space.  I leave my jacks at home.

Don Mathis
AT&T - Bell Laboratories
Norcross, Georgia