Non U Joint Klunks

To: "BRITISH-CARS" <british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: Non U Joint Klunks
From: Paul Morgan XPB <PAMORGAN@vmprofs.estec.esa.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 94 14:48:19 CET
"I've been hearing a little klunk coming from the right rear of my '73 Tr-6"
said Ron L'Herault.

I had the same noise on my TR6 and I found that a differential mount had
pulled through, consequently the dif. was twisting under load.

I'd check the front right mount first, as this one seems to be the first to
give way

Simple test :-  jack the car up (securely) & leave it in gear,  turn the wheels
back and forward, if a dif mount has gone you will see the dif. twisting on
it's (4) mounting bolts.

Repair :- it needs re welding with extra strengthening. (all 4 mounts)
I'll leave you to work out what has to be removed first !!
Good luck
Regards .... Paul

End of Message