Re: TR6 TRANS

To: twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Re: TR6 TRANS
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 92 10:01:05 CDT
Teriann J. Wakeman writes >

>Sorry Bobby, but I can not resist this... You should have a professional
>plumber replace the sinks in your transmission

>I'm especially sorry because I can not seem to send a message without typos,
>and people have been nice enough to ignore them.

Ignore them?  Heck, no!  They are a constant source of entertainment!
Keep up the good work!  Ooh, here is one now...

>Unless the TR6 transmision has other quarks

Quarks?  Quantum mechanics in Triumph transmissions?  I had no idea they were
so advanced.  Wait a minute, don't Quantum mechanics work at Volkswagen
dealerships?  You could get one of them to to take care of a Volkswagen Quantum
Sink!

>If you do not have a manual that provides step by step instructions  well
>enough for you to understand and has good drawings Don't even try.
>I think I will have pros rebuild them for me.

All kidding aside, Teriann is absolutely right.  If you have never taken apart
a transmission before, and would like to try it, don't start with one you need.
Go to a junkyard and get something they usually can't give away, some common
domestic transmission, get the book from the library and tear into it.  Sell it
to a scrapyard if you give up on it.

When my Midget locked in first gear a couple of years ago, I had it redone by a
race-car mechanic.  For a couple of hundred bucks I got a permanent fix for the
gear locking and better synchros.  I probably never would have figured it all
out myself.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105  w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
"Jesus Christ!  Now what I have done!"  -Hans Stuck