Re: TR6 TRANS

To: Bobby@msdpo.msdlan.msdlink.b17a.ingr.com, british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 TRANS
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 16:06:00 -0700
Sorry Bobby, but I can not resist this... You should have a professional
plumber replace the sinks in your transmission.

I'm especially sorry because I can not seem to send a message without typos,
and people have been nice enough to ignore them.

Anyway. Unless the TR6 transmision has other quarks, you have described classic
worn Syncro ring symptoms.  The degree of difficulty is inversly proportional
with the amount of experience you have had with transmission rebuilting and
dirctly proportional to the number of special tools that the manual calls out.
 If you do not have a manual that provides step by step instructions  well
enough for you to understand and has good drawings Don't even try.

I had someone else do the transmission on the MGB. It cost $250 for labour +
seals.  Replacement parts were extra.  I have successfully gone through 2
Land Rover gear boxes but as long as I have the $$ to spare, I think I will
have pros rebuild them for me.

TeriAnn