Re: '79 MGB - Help!!!!!!!

To: "Jerry Bennett Sr." <bennett@groenbros.com>, <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '79 MGB - Help!!!!!!!
From: "Jeff Greenland" <hegg@unabled.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:58:34 -0700
I don't know much about this car or its carburetor setup, but I know that on
other cars with the 175CD Strombergs on them that the spacer plays an
important role  and removing it causes some crossflow issues resulting in
poor running and loss of power.  I recently put SU carbs on a TR7 that
originally had 175 Strombergs and kept the spacers on that setup.

Hope that helps a little.