Noise, spin, and Karl Rove

To: "ba-autox@autox.team.net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Noise, spin, and Karl Rove
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:57:59 -0400

Message text written by Anthony Tabacco

"It doesn't matter what the law actually says or what makes sense, is
enforceable, or how politically marginalized our neighbors are. Only the
perception matters."

Indeed. Having appeared before the City of Albany (CA) Planmning Commission
on this very subject and been voted against, twice, I'm well aware of the
power of a citizen's mistake. You must remember the citizen has a vote.
Most of the time we don't.
        We lost Golden Gate Fields twice over the sound issue. It was bogus
which is why we're back.
        (How well I remember an Albany city employee named Claudia Cappio
who then left Albany to go to Emeryville. She has since left Emeryville but
she still is in the Bay Area. She is not a basic bad person but an employee
responding to a citizen's complaint.  And now we're welcome back to GGF.
Been invited even.)
         Times change. GGF has fixed SOME of its problems but not all.
Inside our club we have members bad mouthing several of our sites. This
does not help. Their inside-the-club  political strength is not a positive
on this issue in our club's on-going operations. But that's another story.

--John Kelly