RE: [solo2sc] Back to 8 Run Groups, and what it means for

To: jcreasy@perforce.com,
Subject: RE: [solo2sc] Back to 8 Run Groups, and what it means for
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:50:28 -0500

Message text written by INTERNET:navid@xperformance.com

" If three is safer than two, then
three it is.  As john mentioned, at one point you are going to have too
many, but IMHO three per station is not too many.

--Navid"

Some times three is too many. The event chair MUST understand the total
picture. And then adjust.
In our first two events we've seen six and even eight people at a station
when two or three will do the job more effieciently. And more safely.
Having too many people is an unsafe condition.

Being an event chair requires MORE thinking  of our chairfolks.

Yes, we need further discussion on the subject. As we become more
"sophisticated" we seem to need more people when, perhaps, the opposite is
true. There are many military folks who love to throw more manpower into a
fray because they have all these "grunts" with nothing to do. Our program
in the early days was designed to make sure nobody had to spend more than
an hour shagging pylons. Plus the course designer laid out courses that
didn't require extraordinary amounts of people to staff a course.

--John Kelly