RE: exemptions from the rules WAS: Call for setup workers at

To: "'Richard Urschel'" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Subject: RE: exemptions from the rules WAS: Call for setup workers at
From: "Navid Kahangi" <navid@xperformance.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:58:25 -0700
My car is annual teched and if I choose not to walk the course, that only
disadvantages me and nobody else.  There is no rule that says I have to walk
the course.  I plead guilty to not attending the meeting, but if we would
start disqualifying people for not attending meetings, a whole bunch of
people would get disqualified.  Besides, that's not violating any rules in
the rulebook or the supps.  The chairs for the event could have chosen to
not let me drive for not following their request to attend the meeting, but
they understood the circumstances that caused me to be late.

Rich, if you are still bitter about the fact that you were turned away
because of a tech inspection failure, don't take it out on me.  These are
completely different circumstances.

--Navid