Re: [solo2sc] Member abuse?

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [solo2sc] Member abuse?
From: Mark Mervich <mwizard@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:45:06 -0800
John,
        If something was posted to Ba AutoX, I have not gotten it yes as I get
a digest.
You are probably referring to the guy w/ the Lotus whom I teched on
grid.  He was very insistent about getting his way and he choose to
leave rather than fix his loose air filter.  I even explained how to do
it and said we usually get one or more people who fix the problem at
each event.  I would not be surprised if his spin was that he was "sent
away".  I also informed the event chair and Ed.
Mark
On Mar 20, 2005, at 6:08 PM, John Kelly wrote:

> News that one of our members was sent home from Round 3 at Oakland is
> distressing.
> The messages I've read do not entirely make sense.
> Can some one on the Steering Committee offer some more information?
> From what little I know, it seems to me the issue of some loose air
> filter(s) could have been resolved on site and nobody would have gone
> away
> mad.
> That the member had to rise at 4 a.m. at his home in Placerville to
> get to
> our event at the appropriate time shows a sincere effort on the
> member's
> part. Now I'd like to know what caused this man to be sent away.
>
> Our collective goal is to have a fun experience. I hope no one forgets
> that.
>
> --John Kelly

Mark Mervich
650-367-6326