Re: RWD STS and STX cars

To: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: RWD STS and STX cars
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:31:29 -0800
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 02:15:59PM -0800, Charlie Davis wrote:
> So, what RWD cars are competitive in STS and STX?

STS: 240SX?  Maybe...kinda heavy compared with the Civics, but with
torque and the ability to use wider tires than the Civics it seems
like they should have potential.  I haven't heard of one in STS
though.

Corolla GTS?  I don't understand why nobody has given this a serious
try.  With the light weight and factory VLSD, it seems like this
should be a great car for STS.  What is holding it back?  Live axle
rear suspension?  Too front-heavy for a RWD car?

STX:
BMW E30 M3 seems to be a popular choice.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94