Re: GGF team-call for workers

To: Andy Fuchs <awf@kabira.com>
Subject: Re: GGF team-call for workers
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:30:30 -0700
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:08:47AM -0700, Andy Fuchs wrote:
> Hi, I'm a new SCCA member. Although my car isn't as ready as I'd like, I
> would still like to come out for my first drive Sunday. Do I really just
> show up? I've seen Kate Hughes' "Novice Handbook" but I still think I must
> be missing something. Should I register for work?

You should show up about 1/2 hour to an hour before the course walk
for your half of the day.  You will register to work when you register
to run.  Tell the people at the registration desk that you are new and
need to know what to do, or just grab someone who's wandering around
who looks like they know what they are doing

> Also, I can't figure out what class my car should run in. I looked in the
> lists, but Peugeot 505 Turbo isn't there...

It may not be in there, which technically would put it in Super
Stock.  But that is silly.  If you provided some relevant details like
power, weight, and front/rear drive configuration, people can probably
make a guess.  I would guess G-stock based on the assumption that it
is a powerful front wheel drive mid-sized sedan...if that assumption
is wrong, you can ignore my guess.  Have you made any modifications
that might kick you out of "stock" class?

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94