Re: autosuffrage: we got votes for sale here

To: Lolita and Mike <lomike@earthlink.net>, Smokerbros@aol.com,
Subject: Re: autosuffrage: we got votes for sale here
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 20:24:12 -0700
    The region's racing drivers, through increased entry fees, put up the
bucks for Thunderhill, plus many who contributed various sums.
    The only dollars that Solo 2 puts into the region's coffers are our dues
money. Nothing else. If any solo 2er helped get Thunderhill going, it was
done privately with individual contributions.
    I have never expected the region to put any money into our site. When
the whole TH idea was started, the first site looked at was a little south
of Crows Landing. We were asked if we'd like to have part of the site for
our autocross area, separate from the paddock, so it could be used at the
same time. That made sense.
    But, that site went belly up, and so did the next one. When TH came up,
it was too far away, and the region's management of that era wanted the Solo
2ers dollars to pave the paddock. The idea was we could use the paddock for
autocrosses. A good race track has to be putting on races in order to
survive, so the paddock idea was turned down by the Solo 2 contingent
because 1) we wouldn't be able to use except in the off season and 2) it was
too far away to attract enough folks to even have a solo 2 program.
    Does that help clarify? :)
--Pat K