RE: Crows Landing :((((

To: "pkincy P KINCY" <pkincy@msn.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Crows Landing :((((
From: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:24:52 -0700
Can someone clarify what "full" means for a NASA HPDE?  I've been to a
bunch of SCCA "street schools" at thunderhill and found that they were
about like driving on 101 in rush hour; maybe 50 cars at a time on a 2
or 3 mile course (depending on configuration; even 50 cars on the full
3.2 mile course is a bit much - ~340 feet per car, assuming equal
distribution, which is never the case).

I've been to a bunch of NCRC events at t-hill where there were no more
than 15 cars on the 3.2 mile course, and that was a blast and I will
keep going back for those events.

Do they limit registration for HPDE so you actually get some open track,
or is it more like the dreaded street schools where you spend the entire
time trying to pass that goddam 1974 volvo that everyone's piled up
behind, until your run group is over and you've made it from #35 behind
the volvo to #17?

Thanks
-b