RE: Three autocross related questions.

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Three autocross related questions.
From: Jake Hodges <jake@codeworm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:26:20 -0700
I suspect there's a link between intelligence and experiencing depression,
as I seldom feel depressed.  And with my short attention span, the moment I
get depressed, frustrated, angry, upset, irked, peeved, inconvenienced, or
bored because of autocross will be the last I spend on it.  I have nothing
but fun with you guys!  I don't ever feel like I've had a bad day, with the
exception of that one sunburn.  But that was my fault!  Frankly, this hobby
has developed because I like telling people I'm a race car driver almost as
much as I like telling them I play Mandolin.

The stats are to keep me busy until my interview next week.. It was
supposed to be today, but alas.. The interviewer's calendar was chalk
full.  This could be the shortest summer internship in history!

>#3: Paying close attention to the PAX is about as helpful as paying close
>attention to those other statistics as mentioned above. (...) With enough
>tweaking, you can get those statistics to mean whatever you want them to do.

If I pay really close attention, I can tweak those statistics to mean a
first or second place trophy on my wall in ST next season without having to
sell stuff on e-bay to get race tires!  And what would be less depressing
than that? :)  If the HS PAX changes too much, ST won't be an option, and
I'll have to stick to HS.

Then again, I have been tempted by springs and sway bars for some
time.  SM2 seems a little lofty unless I get the $30,000 S2000 mod for my
del Sol.  Maybe I can get an ego equity loan after Peter's com

>And when things don't go your way, what the heck is wrong with finding a
>fair enough reason? What does anyone really gain by dwelling on the bad?
>It's one thing to find an area in which you can improve, but what's the
>point in dwelling on the details so much that they only make you
>depressed. You could take that same energy, twist it around, and create an
>entirely different meaning, if you wanted, but you have to want to do
>that. It's so much easier to feel down. It's the strong ones who can find
>something positive. You can do it, Jake!

Think there's a support group for people who feel like their posts are
always taken seriously no matter how amusing they try to be?     My
confidence is shaken.. Maybe I'm not funny.  Maybe I'm a horrible burden on
those around me!  Maybe I really am depressed about autocross and I'm the
only one that doesn't see it!