Re: A/C Paving 101

To: archss@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: A/C Paving 101
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:17:45 EDT
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)

                Jeff,
                       As another "old man" who has contributed his $5 per
event since we started it I don't anticipate ever getting anything out of it.
A few years back Ron Reese from Sacramento who works for Caltrans did some
estimates for JUST paving an autocross size lot. The number was well over a
million then. Add in site acquisition, permits, grading, fill, sub layer,
fencing, sanitation and your talking real bucks. The only practical solution
as I see it is to partner with a municipal authority who wants a Police
driving or Police and Fire training site and offer to help pay part of the c
ost for the right to use it on weekends. Without it the site money will never
be used as intended. The costs are going up faster than the fund is building.
I think we're safe from the region getting the money. Pat Kelly and I wrote
the agreement with the region that I think protects the fund from the region.
Just my .02Cents.
                                                    Larry

P.S. Jeff; When we going to run T'Hill again. I just pumped up my engine to
402HP and 500 ft.lb. of Torque on Paul's dyno.