Re: mystery: car pulls to the left ?!

To: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>,
Subject: Re: mystery: car pulls to the left ?!
From: "Allendorfer, Mike" <mwa96imp@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:28:48 -0700
ONE.  I would just about bet on the tire issue.  Try switching the fronts
from side to side and see if it pulls the other way, (why would you pay
someone else to do this most basic of car maintenance/repair operations.
Even Detroit assumes that every owner can change a tire, that's why they put
a jack in the trunk)

TWO. LSD would not cause a car to pull, unless the drive axle tires are
different diameters

THREE. a stuck caliper would not necessarily show up when braking (after
all, it is already rubbing on the disk, applying the brakes just makes it
rub a bit harder) ;-)

FOUR.  Misalignment would not change the way it pulls from cold to warm.  If
it was only misalignment, it would pull the same, warm or cold.

FIVE.  A bad tire will generally not show a visual clue that something is
wrong, unless a broken belt shows up as a subtle "bump" in the tread surface
when spun on the axle.
HTH
Mike A.