Re: SUV explosion - in numbers

To: Lolita and Mike <lomike@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: SUV explosion - in numbers
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:46:21 -0800
Geez folks, when someone says that they're annoyed by "people who buy
an SUV to commute in and have no other use for it", that's who they
mean.  If you actually have a use for one, they don't mean you!  I
don't think that anyone is naive enough to think that there are no
reasonable uses for an SUV, but I also don't think anyone is naive
enough to think that anywhere close to a majority of SUVs used in
commuting are used for anything else.  SUVs are just trendy station
wagons/minivans for the majority of buyers.  If you actually use your
SUV to drive off road or tow a trailer, you're part of the minority.
Consider yourselves one of the elite and take the compliment.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94