RE: Results from Round 6

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Results from Round 6
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:37:19 -0800
Joey Jarosz writes...

>I remember a woman from a small upstate new york city who might
>disagree with you on that point... Remember Shirkey Muldowney?

Good ol' Shirkey. I think I remember her.

Shirkey Muldowney, or was it Shirley, told my dad once back in the day that
women could compete equally with men in drag racing, because it didn't require
the same in upper body strength, unlike in roadracing. I think this was a
conversation my dad and I were having, again, back in the day, about how women
will just never be able to drive as fast as men around turns. It's not their
fault for knowing any better. I don't think they had gyms and things at the
time of this interview, like oooh, women with muscles, baaaad.

Anyway, "Heart Like a Wheel" is one of my most favorite movies of all time.
There's got to be some skill involved in drag racing, otherwise EVERYONE would
be doing it. I think I'd rather watch than participate, though. The sounds
themselves are quite awesome.

Katie