RE: Accents

To: <kkelly@spss.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Accents
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 13:56:05 EST
Katie writes:
I find accents really fascinating, and all of them possess their own charm. I
wish people would stop moving so much, so there could be some consistency.

Okay. Why do Southern California call their freeways "THE 405" and "THE 605",
etc.? I don't take "THE 280" up to San Francisco, or "THE 101" to Gilroy. I
take Highway 280 or 101. My daughters used to laugh at the southerner's naming
convention. Both live there right now and use the same terms. ARRRGH! -Seth