Re: Nationals Course or not!

To: Lolita and Mike <lomike@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Nationals Course or not!
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 12:48:12 -0700
Lolita and Mike wrote:

> The fact that someone DNF'ed three times on one course tells me that they
> probably didn't do a proper job of walking the course and then didn't slow
> down and sort it out on the second run after the first DNF.

You're wrong on both counts. Both Tito and I thought we
had the course right on our second runs. I found out I had
DNF'd when I checked the postings after my second run.
Tito found out after the run group was over. Neither of us
had a DNF on our time slips, and there is no PA at GGF.
Slowing down to a near stop on my THIRD run didn't help either.

> Maybe we need to do more to emphasize the importance of the course walk as
> race preparation rather than a pre-race stroll with ones buddies.
> IMO

We look forward to your teaching us how to read cones that
will be added to the course after we walk it. :-)
Rich Urschel