Re: Nationals Course--not!

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nationals Course--not!
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:49:59 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, John Kelly wrote:
> "Personally I like the more
> "National" style courses that use fewer cones and have some unclear areas
> because it keeps me on my toes and forces me to look ahead. "
> -------------------- End Original Message --------------------
>
> I think courses with "unclear areas" do a disservice to our members,
> especialy new people who have been known to DNF all three runs and go home
> disheartened. This is NOT the way to continue building a program,
> especially a financially successful one. Only the tobacco industry can get
> away with killing its customers.
>
>         And, unclear areas are dangerous because it leaves the potential
> for a driver with foot on the floor to travel into another vehicle on
> course.

I assumed when I read the above that "unclear areas" meant "unclear as to
the best line" vs. "unclear as to where to go", fwiw.

I never saw the interpretation at GGF, but I didn't find this year's South
course at all unclear from the "where do I go" point of view...

Personally, I _like_ courses where the proper line isn't obvious.

Mark