RE: CV joints?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: CV joints?
From: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:14:20 +0200
I suspect that if you take it to a mechanic, they will pretty much insist on
replacing the entire halfshaft with a rebuilt unit, rather than rebuilding a
specific CV joint.

Less labor.

You will still have to figure out how to get the CV joint out of the hub.
These are usually torqued to the point of requiring air tools for removal,
or several boxes of Wheaties for breakfast and a stout breaker bar. Maybe
now's a good time to drop $12 on a Haynes manual, which should have pictures
of this job.