Re: Vehicle eligibility...

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Subject: Re: Vehicle eligibility...
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:03:45 -0400

Message text written by "Darren P. Madams"

" BMW 318ti's?)"

These don't have a particularly good record. But I'm not aware of anyone
keeping count of this model in autocross rollovers. Perhaps we should.

I seem to recall Erik Strelnieks (M.D.!) rolling a BMW at the finish line
on the left-side course at the National Pro Solo about three-four years
ago. I believe he suffered a broken arm. As I recall, a contributing factor
was a fast lead-in followed by a quick right-left-right slalom. There may
have been a bump in there as well.

        Strelnieks no longer drives a BMW.

--John Kelly