Re: Vehicle eligibility...

To: "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Subject: Re: Vehicle eligibility...
From: Keith Hearn <khearn@Legato.COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:08:39 -0700
Frankly, I don't have any experience with a Previa, so I have no clue as
  to whether or not it's safe to autox. Does anyone out there who is
  saying it's unsafe have an actual experience with it, or or we just
  seeing knee-jerk reactions because it's a mini-van?

Kevin's numbers at least make me think it *might* be safe. How many of
  those saying it's not safe realised that it's got a wider track
  than a Camaro?  If it's got a track that's wider than a Camaro, it
  hardly falls into the "narrow track" category. I have no idea if it
  falls into the "high center of gravity" category, but at this point
  I'm not going to assume anything.

How about if someone with some experience takes the vehicle in
  question out for a test drive and see how it feels? Who knows,
  maybe it's safer than those Rabbits that regularly get several
  inches of air under their rear wheels and have a history of
  rolling in autocrosses, yet are still allowed to run.

  Keith Hearn
  '99 Miata 10AE "Sexy Sadie" the Sapphire Shark
  B-Stock
  Milpitas, CA