RE: Vehicle eligibility...

To: billh@pa.dec.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Vehicle eligibility...
From: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 21:52:43 -0700
Odd, my 300ZX is specifically EXCLUDED from one of the SCCA's classes
because it *IS* "sports car based" (SM), so the implication that the SCCA is
intended specifically for "Sports Cars" doesn't hold water.  Heck, second
place for the GRM $1500 challenge was a minivan, quite an eye opening
performance, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it repeated in an SM entry.

I agree, excluding vans, SUVs, pickups and the like won't cause a lot of
people much grief, and should probably be done to clarify things.  They gray
areas are getting rather wide, especially with all the new
not-quite-a-car/suv/pickup things soon to be coming out from various
manufacturers, so devising some sort of measurable rule like Bill suggested
would make sense.

-Carl