Re: Yet Another Question re: RX-7s, this time.

To: mrc01@flash.net
Subject: Re: Yet Another Question re: RX-7s, this time.
From: James Creasy <jcre@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:23:49 -0700
what i remember is the mounting is all different for the 3rd gen.  it would
require a bit of fabrication.  people also put small block chevy's in them.
yikes!  and unlike the chevy motors, the 3rd gen motor is not a great engine
trapped in a lousy car, so you would be better off (and less poor) buying a
3rd gen... which will, hopefully, already have the engine installed.

car and driver just tested the Factory Five Racing coupe... 0-60 in 3.6 with
a ford crate motor, 1.04 lateral g's.  slap a blower on that puppy and you
are .. er, well you are *already* pretty damn sick.  they even got 4.8 to 60
out of the spec racer and thats with stock 2:73 gears and only 225 hp!

-james "want a coupe to go with the roadster" creasy