RE: '00 Slush Series Schedule

To: "'Allendorfer, Mike'" <mwa96imp@regionofdoom.com>,
Subject: RE: '00 Slush Series Schedule
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 10:55:26 -0700
Good point there.  For the record, the 2.8 Coupe ~2950lbs.  245s all around
would be ideal, problem is the 245/45/17s are too tall.  Kumho sizes are
weird.  Anyone ever seen the .pdf tech data sheet on kumhousa.com?  It says:

Size            W.      Dia.
225/45/17       9.2     24.7
245/45/17       9.7     24.8
255/40/17       10.6    24.8

An email to Kumho's tech people confirmed that the 245/45 was only supposed
to be 0.1" larger than the 225, but they are actually ~0.75" larger.  Why
would I care?  Aside from the change in gearing, 245s don't fit in the cargo
area!  It's hard to believe, but really that close.  I know Josh puts 275s
back there, but I think the plastic trim on the bulkhead extends about 1"
past the ones on some M Coupes I've seen.

Andy gave me the idea of 255/40s all around, which might work with spacers.
The Kumho guy also told me they are coming out with a 235/40/17 "sometime
next year".  That would be nice.

I already know what you're thinking, Scot.  Get a Miata.  Yeah, yeah, I
know...

Peter