Re: '00 Slush Series Schedule

To: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>,
Subject: Re: '00 Slush Series Schedule
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 17:44:47 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>
To: "'Kelly, Katie'" <kkelly@spss.com>; "'Andy McKee'"
<andrewmckee@yahoo.com>; <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 10:45 AM

> F 225/45/17 on 17x7.5" rims
> R 245/45/17 on 17x8.5" rims (Kumho doesn't make a 40, didn't get 255/40
for
> fear of massive understeer)

You missed a key piece of data here:  your car's weight.  (Yeah, I know I
could probably find it on the 'Net, but I'm lazy ;)  Your pressures sound a
tad low to me.  I'm running 35/35 in my Miata, which is a good deal lighter
than your Z3.

Also, when you get your next set of Kumhos, you might want to consider
running 245's all the way around if the fronts won't rub.  They'd be a
little snug on your front rims but they will fit.  Otherwise, you might want
to try 225's all around.  Just a little something for you to chew on until
your current set wears out :)

Scot