Re: [Fwd: category for car not listed?]

To: mrc01@flash.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: category for car not listed?]
From: "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:48:46 PDT
>I'll send a message to Howard Duncan today. Is is really true
>that the differential pushes it out of SS -- even if I'm using
>the stock gear ratio? This will not provide any competitive
>advantage, it just increases durability and reliability.

Sure.  Limited slips aren't free in stock, they are in street prepared.  If
adding a Torsen doesn't provide a competitive advantage, you're not doing it
right.

KeS

>I think they made between 100 and 200 cars in 1999, definitely
>less than 1000. Looks like that puts me into EM or OSP.

Oh well.  You can ask for the car to be specifically classified, which
bypasses the 1000/year production requirement; but I strongly doubt the SEB
will look favorably on your request.  They might, they have some tie-ins
with Panoz, but don't hold your breath.

KeS