Re: 8 CONE SLALOM (WAS: THANKS)

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 8 CONE SLALOM (WAS: THANKS)
From: "Jesse Wills" <jesse@wordex.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:39:23 -0700
I agree completely.  Our typical "slalom" (3-5 cones) consists of
acceleration past the first 1-2 cones, maybe one lifting/braking point in
the middle and then acceleration from that point out.  The divisional (and
from what y'all are saying, Round 9), presented a whole new exercise.

I am curious what (successful) methods others use for long slaloms?  One
fast G Stock driver at the divisional suggested trying one speed that was a
bit slower than "max", run most of the slalom at that speed and then
accelerate out of the slalom.  Sounded reasonable, but I only got to try it
on my last Sunday run.  Up to that point I had been going "max" for a couple
of cones and then adjusting (braking, lifting), then back to "max", etc.  A
true downward spiral... : )

Jesse