Re: 8 CONE SLALOM (WAS: THANKS)

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: 8 CONE SLALOM (WAS: THANKS)
From: Keith Hearn <khearn@Legato.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:21:31 -0700
In message <55.7d925c5.268a35bd@aol.com>, Smokerbros@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 6/26/2000 6:41:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> roadsterboy@earthlink.net writes:
>
> <<  The 8-cone slalom was a bit much!  By about the fourth or fifth cone, I
> was
>  getting a little nervous.  I also watched a few people go through it with
>  the back end of their cars swinging out wider and wider as they got closer
>  to the end.  >>
>
> Nationals often have long slaloms, and it is a technique we don't seem to
> cultivate here in SFR.  I think we need more of them!

I liked the 8 cone slalom, but I wish they were closer together. I hit
  the rev limiter in 2nd after about 5 cones and had to ride it the
  rest of the way. I didn't think shifting into 3rd in the middle of a
  slalom would be wise.

  Keith Hearn
  '99 Miata 10AE "Sexy Sadie" the Sapphire Shark
  B-Stock
  Milpitas, CA