Re: Stockton slalom - which way did you go

To: "INTERNET:Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stockton slalom - which way did you go
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:56:45 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com

"I know there's a strong contingent that disapproves of optional slaloms -
the most common expression I hear is "guessing game".  I never looked at it

that way - to me one of the more interesting parts of autox is line
selection, and picking your slalom line doesn't seem any different than the

other choices we have to make...

KeS"

I love to drive slaloms. What I dislike is when one of my fellow
competitors takes the THIRD option, i.e. just drives by and the course
workers don't call it because they're talking to one another and not really
paying attention or are distracted with another problem, etc.
        Don't beleive me? Well consider I watched a newbie do what I
described above because he didn't know any better and there was no "off
course" called in. Happened Sunday, April 2, 2000, at Stockton.

--John Kelly