RE: Prepared protests - wheel base

To: bhaden@ucsd.edu, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Prepared protests - wheel base
From: "Doug Miller" <drmiller100@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:40:58 -0700
>       Sounds logical. It doesn't make sense to have to prove you are
>innocent.

One of the REALLY cool things about SOLO is the way that it is up to the
competitor to put up or shut up.
Officials aren't in charge of determining legality, only safety.

By definition, any car that I show up in is legal until someone proves
otherwise. And there is a good process in place to prove otherwise.

>       I never thought of this scenario. Maybe (assuming it's not
>already        there somewhere) track should be specified as a maximum
>number.

If you think a car is illegal, then protest it and make a case as to why you
think it is illegal.
The more I think about it, the more I think this should apply to Street
Prepared as well. Lets say you think I've bored my motor illegally.
Then it is up to you to have docs to prove me illegal. If you don't have the
docs, then don't waste our time with a protest.
Also, if I am at a local event, can I protest my class fully expecting NO
ONE will have a service manual, and win?
-doug miller

Stay informed on Election 2004 and the race to Super Tuesday.
http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx