RE: Prepared protests - wheel base

To: "Doug Miller" <drmiller100@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Prepared protests - wheel base
From: "Haden, Bruce" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:41:53 -0800
Subject: Prepared protests - wheel base

Huh. I've never been protested, but if I had a prepared car, and someone

protested me, I'd think the protestor would have the burden of proof to
provide what they think the wheel base/track SHOULD be and a way to
measure
it.

        I don't have a rule book handy, but I believe most P cars have a
specified track width, which is a maximum, and the definition and
measurement of track is specified elsewhere in the book under
definitions or something. It's measured between the centerlines of
the wheels when straight ahead.

Then, it seems like the PC would measure and determine. Then, on appeal,
could go dig up a shop manual or whatever other documentation I needed
show that I was legal.

        Sounds logical. It doesn't make sense to have to prove you are
innocent.

>Okay, you get protested for having too narrow track, or altered
wheelbase.
>How do you prove your legality?

        I never thought of this scenario. Maybe (assuming it's not
already         there somewhere) track should be specified as a maximum
number.

-Bruce Haden