Re: Help save motorcyclists and pedestrians

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help save motorcyclists and pedestrians
From: <innisjohn@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:41:39 -0000
You mean you think that the hard working folks in washington should try to
justify thier existance for another year by writing a peice of
legislation that makes something that is already illegal in every state
(failure to maintain control and or reckless/careless driving) even more
illegal?  Hardly a solution.  No more than drunken driving laws prevent
accidents or cell phone laws do either.

If you decide to make DWD (driving while diabetic) illegal, then you had also
better make testing for diabetes mandatory at the DMV.  It it
currenty estimated that one-third of all diabetics in the US are un-diagnosed.
Further it is estimated that by 2010 28.4 Million people in
this
country will have diabetes (Source American Diabetes Association).  Better
start working on some really good mass transit PDQ.  You might
also want to schedule a quick test at the doctor's office before you push this
agenda.

Speaking for myself (a diabetic, a motorcyclist) and diabetics everywhere, I
hope throw out this bastard's chicken-shit, cop-out, lame-ass
defense and nail him with manslaughter.