Nitrous Thread

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nitrous Thread
From: "Seth Achilles" <sachilles@sugarbush.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:48:13 -0500
I usually just sandbag on the side of this list. The nitrous topic caught my
eye.

I don't think a ban on nitrous is the answer. However, specific rules
regarding its use and inspection are definately warranted. The rules should
address what is a safe setup. If the setup does not meet the safety
requirements, then the car may not compete.
Now if someone were to reconnect an illegal setup, the rules should quite
specific as to what the sanctions are for such a behavior. If the person is
banned for using it illegally, they might think twice about using it to try
and win a $0.50 trophy.
It seems to me that this is trying to address inexperienced newcomers. The
same people who think that if they show up with hottest car, it will
guarantee the win. Most experienced autocrossers know that Nitrous may not
be the key to victory in this form of motorsport.
For those that would blatantly ignore the rules in this regard, perhaps
Darwin will weed them out. Hopefully without taking any of us with them.

-Seth
Who's anxiously waiting for spring to come, so that we might be able to have
an autocross in the northeast.

Seth Achilles
Cash Control Manager
Sugarbush Resort