Re: Nitrous Proposal

To: Hottvr@aol.com, n2pua4@peoplepc.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nitrous Proposal
From: Mdmotorsprt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:52:03 EST
In a message dated 2/24/02 4:14:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, Hottvr writes:

> Isn't there something in the rulebook about high pressure gas cylinders at
> the events????

Section 1.4.L: "Pressurized gas and air bottles with a pressure in excess of
200 psi must have a protective structure around their gauge and valves."

Clearly the intent is to address nitrogen bottles and welding rigs. I am not
sure how much pressure a NOS bottle has, I bet something considerably less
than 200 PSI. Further to that, in the even of an explosion, I would rather
that bottle be secure in the trunk of a car then laying loose unprotected.

Now my whole caveat to this deal is this: the bottle would have to come out
the car if somebody showed up and the bottle was in the hatch of a hatch
back, say CRX or such. The bottle is best protected, and we are best
protected from it like a fuel cell and a battery, when enclosed in some type
of metal structure.

MD