Re: No skirts in this email

To: "Kat Bryce" <katbryce@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: No skirts in this email
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:01:48 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Kat Bryce <katbryce@earthlink.net>
To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>
Cc: .Team.Net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, September 29, 2000 10:20 AM

>Question, I have seen this 10/10th 9/10th...  Just what is meant by
>that?
>
>Kat

Usually in reference to cornering....

10/10ths -- you are at absolute maximum. You are at maximum adhesion,
maximum of that car's capability to do it as quickly as that car can do it.
There is nothing left.

9/10ths -- You are leaving yourself a little bit of fudge factor, it's
pretty close to the edge but when you come out of it you might think there
was a little bit more to be had there.

Most of the time if you are driving on the street, even "with spirit," you
are leaving yourself enough safety room you are only about 5/10ths, 6/10ths.
Or should be.

And...

11/10ths -- usually this is you were over the edge, but maybe got away with
it. The back end came out but you caught it. Or maybe you plowed a bit but
still got it around. Or you dirt-tracked the corner and it worked (Done that
unintentionally -- hey! it's coming around but contollable and it will leave
me right where I want to be! -- but never could figure out how to make it do
that on purpose.)

Of course, sometimes 11/10ths means you spun or drove straight into the
outside cones. :-)

--Rocky