Re: A-Mod

To: <MBD96@aol.com>, <belacon@home.com>
Subject: Re: A-Mod
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 00:10:48 -0600
> Absolutely. I still don't see practically how AM can be eliminated.
> Based on more than 30 years of precedent, there's supposed to be a "top
> o' the heap" no-holds-barred class. If the Solo II class structure loses
> the ability to accommodate any car (within safety restrictions,
> obviously) that might appear at an event, we'll lose an essential
> ingredient in the sport's appeal. IMHO, of course.

In Road Racing, those "top o' the heap" classes were A Sports Racing,
Formula A (not Atlantic), A Production, even Showroom Stock GT and SSA, etc.
etc. All are now gone from National racing for lack of interest. GT1 is
about the only "top class" still alive. The top SportsRacing is C, the top
Formula is Atlantic which used to be B, the top Production is E, the top
Showroom is B.

One avenue open to all the AM drivers -- everyone bring a co-driver, and
don't overlook a Ladies class driver (of which there were none this year).
Eight cars this year, only two had co-drivers.

Rocky (I'd hate to see AM disappear, it's just too much fun)