Re: 3-and-3 runs?

To: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3-and-3 runs?
From: skip gurnee <skip47@home.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 07:25:09 -0700
Craig-
In San Diego, we often have two-day events running the same course
backwards on the second day.  We design it for two directions so as to
minimize the hassle, but inevitably there are changes, and we run out of
daylight before getting them all made.  The point is that it takes a
LONG time to reverse directions, more, I think, than we could handle in
one day.
However....
Spokes don't use as many cones as we do, and usually have fewer
entrants.  You'll still have to allow at least two hours for changeover
and course walking, leaving precious little time for delays, especially
if you do three runs each way.  I don't think confusion is an issue, but
logistics and any surprise problems could ruin your day.
Good luck--
Skip Gurnee