autox-cm

RE: CM F2000

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: CM F2000
From: "Godula, Gary (G.M.)" <ggodula@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:48:17 -0500
I disagree on the crossover.....both myself and Tim Koch have National
licenses and club race our solo II FF's.  Both cars are consistently in the
trophies at Nationals and win regional level club races.  Yes, we are a
minority, but we are not the only ones.  I know several people in the
Detroit Region that bought an FF, autocrossed it a year or two to learn it,
then moved on to club racing with occasional solo appearances.  They use
solo to allow them to share the car with their family and/or crew.  I have
seen the same thing in St Louis, but more so with the F125 karts in that
area.  Maintaining some cohesion with the road racing GCR is still desired,
regardless of the class.

Gary Godula
'88 Reynard FF88