autox-cm

Re: CM F2000

To: "Tyson Sawyer" <tyson@j3.org>
Subject: Re: CM F2000
From: washburn@dwave.net
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:10:20 -0600 (CST)
While I won't be as vehement as Tyson, I will agree with the sentiment
that CM welcomes all.  I was happy to see Mark show up...I even offered
him my car before Tyson and Mark got together.  I want to beat any and all
comers...fair and square.  No satisfaction in it otherwise.

I don't CM drivers as protecting their respective potential finishing
positions, I see a class that want's to retain a unique situation where
all cars are GCR legal, and there are no "bastard" cars with specific
allowances to make them competitive.  I whole heartedly agree with the
position that if you are going to set out special provisions for a car,
make those provisions to allow the car to become faster in Solo.  Let them
run in BM with rules that let them be more competitive there...it's a much
better fit.  Yes, I wrote my letter.