Re: TR6 PI

To: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 PI
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:11:01 -0600
I didn't believe it either until I learned more and started trying to
calibrate my own system but:

Unlike the Stromberg carb, the Lucas PI system lacks temperature/altitude
compensation. Cars sold in the USA had to meet emissions requirements
whether they were destined for Alaska, or Arizona- Denver or Death Valley.
I always thought the real story was that the USA dealers were luddites who
didn't want it. Knowing what I know now, there's NO WAY it would have passed!

Here in Chicago my PI equipped TR6 runs lean in winter and rich in
summer... unless I make appropriate adjustments. The Lucas system is
technically "sequential multi-port injection", but this simple open loop
mechanical system is primitive compared to a modern electronic system.

I love it. ;{)

--
Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com