2000-register

RE: Seat Belts.(Kangol Euroflex)

To: gravee.leafoe@cwcom.net
Subject: RE: Seat Belts.(Kangol Euroflex)
From: Andrew Thompson <ajt@expmining.com.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:32:04 +0800

 It depends on the year,

 Early Kangol inertia belts on British Leyland cars have a large ball
bearing
which rolls foward under heavy deacceleration and operates the locking
mechanism.

This can be tested by a sudden brake application although normally only the
passenger feels it lock
because the driver braces for the shock (knowing he is about to brake).

With the newer type Kangol belts (not fitted to our Triumphs I think)  the
British/European Design standard or something was changed and had a the type
of mechanism you describe in your Nissan

Maybe the later type are more sensitive and have a centrifugal device as
well as a inertia activated trigger

        My everyday Nissan Primera and the
        wifes Almera does but neither Triumph does and it bothers me so go
out
        there and tug and tell.