2000-register

Unleaded PI metering units

To: 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: Unleaded PI metering units
From: Andrew Clippingdale <a.clippingdale@hfi.unimelb.EDU.AU>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:06:25 +1000
Hi all

At last, time to stop lurking, and seek answers from you all. I was reading
in the last couple of "six appeal" mags that PI fuel metering units
suitable for use with unleaded fuel are now available in the UK. Does
anyone know what aspects of the old units were unsuitable for use with
unleaded, and what has been done to rectify this in these new(or recon?)
units? I was under the impression that the lead aided the unit's
lubrication. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Just out of interest for now, but when leaded fuel disappears from the land
of Oz this may become rather important for me to know!

Thanks in advance

Andrew Clippingdale

'71 2.5 PI Mk II
Melbourne, Australia