2000-register

July 'Classic Cars'

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: July 'Classic Cars'
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 00:32:59 +0100
Hi All,

Anyone seen the letter on page 124 of the July issue of 'Classic Cars'?
It has got into 'Affficionado of the Month' and is from Gordon Vothgen
of Hastings, NZ.

Biased as I may be, owning a PI and all, I have to take issue with two
quotes..

"Servicing is do-it-yourself: just follow the instruction manual."

Errm..PI system? Rear hubs? Overdrive? I suppose it depends on your
definition of servicing...

"My car's perfomance can almost equal my father's 1973 3.0CSi BMW coupe,
handles as well and was a lot more economical."

In the same magazine, top speeds are quoted as 130 and 107 respectively
for BMW and PI. My car might touch 107 on a good day but 130? Doubt it.

Anyone else got any comments?

Dave Hill