2000-register

Auto gearbox leaks

To: Triumph Register <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Auto gearbox leaks
From: John Knight <pplac150@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 12:59:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone,Has anyone any experience of leaks from the standard
auto box around the sump area.i have been pestered with considerable
leaking for many a year since changing the worn one for a re-con.the
leak seems to come from the sump screws. I have tried gasket material
on the screws, copper washers on the screws, new gaskets with and
without gasket sealant and the leak is still there. I hardly run the
vehcle any more but the leak amounts to a pint about every 5 months.I
would be grateful for any assistance. regards John.