2000-register

Diff nose oil seal.

To: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Subject: Diff nose oil seal.
From: John Knight <pplac150@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 12:44:29 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Dave, Further to the e-mail last night. I have had a look at the
previous diff of mine and there is no need to undo any pinion nuts.The
oil seal is in view when the diff is removed from the vehicle and can
be prised out as per normal technique with a strong bladed
screwdriver.So its not a hard job for a fit person.As I say i can not
remember undoing the exhaust system, when I changed the diff on my car.
So all to do is undo uj`s and nose end diff flange bolts and remove
diff rubbers to pull diff back and drop down.The leather type seal is
available from Chris Witter with the number 137346.A rubber oil seal is
avilable from Earlparts, but I knownothing of its performance. I hope
this is of more help. Best wishes. Regards John.