2000-register

Re: Auto gearbox leaks

To: John Knight <pplac150@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Auto gearbox leaks
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 23:09:08 +0100
Hi, John,

Sorry, I didn't make the bit about the O rings clear. We used them under
the heads of the bolts (set screws). The idea was that, when tightened,
they would grip the bolt thread and also seal against the underside of
the bolt head and the outside of the sump flange. The rings were of a
fairly hard compound and had to be literally screwed onto the threads.

Cheers,

Dave Hill